Groundhog Parts and Accessories
Saddle Bracket: 4″ x 6″ I/D
- 6″x6″ post application
- recommended for beams 18″ or greater above grade
- also fits 4-ply beams
Common “L” Plate: 4.5″ x 4″ I/D
- fits 3-ply beams
- recommended for beams 8″ to 14″ above grade
- 4″x4″ post application
Low Mount Plate:
- 6″x6″ flat plate with 360° welded threaded rod
- recommended for beams at or below grade.
- 6″x6″ flat plate with 360° welded tube
- recommended for oversized posts and/or misaligned beam lines
Concrete Tie-in Plate:
- 6″x6″ flat plate with 360° welded tube and two L shape uprights to tie in rebar
- recommended for concrete supporting applications
- Used with L and Saddle Top Plate
- Allows 4″ total adjustment
Model #68 = 3/4″ thread
Model #89 = 7/8″ thread (shown)
Model #812 = 1″ thread
Although the occurrence of uplifting is unlikely with heavy structures built and fastened atop our screw piles, builders may be required by code or may want to attach the sleeve nut and top-plate to prevent the possibility of uplifting of the top-plate from the sleeve nut. All top-plate tubes have a single 5/16″ hole pre-drilled through one side of the tube to guide a twist drill bit through the sleeve nut tube. Please note that elevation levels should be established before drilling, as installing this pin will not allow the sleeve nut to be adjusted. Should any elevation adjustments need to be made after drilling and installing the pin, the pin must be removed and the hole may need to be re-drilled as the holes may no longer align. Please see images below.
- Provides lateral support
- 10″ shaft
- 3 fin style
- Used with compression loads
4 Winged Stabilizer
- Special Order
- Custom tube length, and top plate, 4 fin style
- Used for fencing, flagpost or other applications where extra lateral support is required
Anchor helixes come in a range of sizes including:
– 8″ Flyte Series (2000 lb safe load)
– 9″ Flyte Series (3000 lb safe load)
– 12″ Flyte Series (5000 lb safe load)
You can find more information about Anchor Flyte on our Products and Specifications page.
Fence Post Brackets
Groundhog Anchors have proven to be a long lasting fence foundation solution. We stock two sizes of fence post brackets which are designed and built to fit nominal 4″x4″ and 6″x6″ pressure treated lumber posts.
Some applications may require extra lateral ground support. In such cases, we offer a custom built 4 wing stabilizer (seen below) with a larger top plate and longer tube to accommodate concerns of lateral stability.
Tie-down Anchor Ring
Groundhog Anchors are a strong tie-down solution for many applications such as party tents, job-site trailers, temporary buildings and leaning or uprooted trees to name a few. See below our common anchor ring shown here welded to 7/8″ thread.
If you have any questions about the various pieces of the Groundhog Anchor please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help.